- $0.20/GB transferred either direction
- $0.15/GB/month stored
- No fixed cost per request
New pricing, effective June 1:
- $0.10/GB uploaded to S3
- $0.18-$0.13/GB downloaded from S3, getting cheaper as your volume increases
- $0.00001 per upload request (a penny for 1,000)
- $0.000001 per download request (a penny for 10,000)
This is great news for almost anyone (including Davidville!) using S3 to store medium-size to large files, since it’s cheaper for most transfers and only penalizes very high volumes of tiny transfers (with the per-request fees).
But most websites and services use S3 to host images, video, or other large media types that are uploaded once and downloaded a bunch of times. For that, this pricing is FAR cheaper, especially if you can break the 50 TB/month bracket to get $0.13 per additional GB.