The new video card didn’t rescue my gaming PC. All signs point to a dead motherboard.
Anyone want some free 2004-era hardware in the NYC or Westchester area? Up for grabs:
- 3.4 GHz P4 Prescott (Socket T/LGA 775)
- Abit AG-8 motherboard (I think this is what’s dead, so don’t take it)
- PCI-E GeForce 6600 GT with a giant aftermarket heatsink (uses an 80mm fan with a wrap-around heatpipe design)
- 2x 512 MB DDR400 DIMMs
- Some giant fans
- A giant CPU heatsink (uses a 120mm fan)
- A hacked-to-hell Antec Sonata case. Really, don’t take this. I cut two 92mm holes in the side to install fans to cool 4 hard drives. It’s a disaster. You don’t want it. It just might be a convenient way to carry the rest of this crap back to your place.
Seriously, it’s all free. It’s not worth the cost and hassle of selling it and shipping it out. If someone doesn’t take it, it goes to the dumpster.
Want it? Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, or reblog this.
I think I’m finally done with PC hardware. Give me my updated Mac Pro already!