I’m using a 24” iMirror in the Apple Store while Tiff shops for girl things in the mall.
Lessons learned so far:
- The Apple Store is so popular and crowded that it smells slightly bad… like sweaty people. I guess it’s good that it’s so popular, but that probably wasn’t an intended side-effect.
- There are big banners all over the mall advertising the new Bose store “next to the Apple Store.” No other location information (floor, etc.) is provided. It’s interesting that the Apple Store is such a well-known spot in the mall that they chose to do that.
- There are two big waves of new posts on my Dashboard on weekdays: one at 9 AM when everyone gets to work, and one at 6 PM when the responsible people get home.
- I’ve been using this iMac for an hour and I’ve only been asked once if I needed any help. I don’t feel pressured to hurry off the computer or buy anything.
- You can get a refurbished old-model (white) 24” iMac (with the 7300 GT!) for only $1200. That’s an incredibly good deal, although you need to upgrade the RAM. That said, the new 24” models with the faster bus, higher stock specs, and 8800 GS are very attractive buys.
- I knew the Mighty Mouse was awful, but I just discovered yet another reason: because the scroll-ball vibrates slightly when used, after scrolling a lot, my finger feels all tingly and uncomfortable as if it had been resting on the window of a moving bus after using a jackhammer.