Absolutely, surprisingly, stunningly terrible.
I cannot believe how bad this movie was. And I liked the show. I bought all of the DVDs for Tiff and we watched the entire series together.
Some of the many flaws:
- WAY TOO LONG. 2 hours, 20 minutes. We got bored at 45 minutes. It didn’t get any better after that.
- Nothing really happens. There are no surprises. There’s no character change. Just… nothing. It’s a series of fluffy, meaningless girls-night-out montages (or events that should have been summarized by montages).
- What’s left of the “plot” is predictable and dull.
- The acting is bad.
- The writing is awful.
- Carrie and Miranda look ghoulish and unnatural with the amount of makeup caked onto both of them to make them look like they did 8 years ago.
- It’s not well-made. It looked pretty low-budget.
- There are a handful of stupid cheap-laugh devices thrown in and beaten to death. Dog-humping, pants-shitting… I’m not kidding.
- Did I mention how LONG it was?
Do not see this movie. I don’t care how much you liked the show. Absolutely do not see this movie.