Even though I have fast desktops at home and work, I use a laptop almost every day on the train to browse the web, develop for the iPhone, and program web apps. I currently use a first-generation base-model MacBook Air, and I love its extremely light weight. But I’m really pushing the limits of its hardware, and I could really use a bigger screen.
Option 1: Keep the MacBook Air
- Pros: Cheaper (since I already own it), lighter weight (3.0 lbs.)
- Cons: Small screen, very slow, very limited
Option 2: 13” MacBook
- Pros: Not much heavier (4.5 lbs.), fast, not very limited
- Cons: Small screen
Option 3: 15” MacBook Pro
- Pros: Biggest screen, fastest, least limited
- Cons: Heaviest (5.5 lbs.)
The problem is that the cons are fairly severe, for the most part. Each con is something that I’m likely to regret almost every day.
I have no idea what to do. </whitewhine>