Anyone want this free laser printer? If you’re able to pick it up in Larchmont, Westchester, New York (10538) sometime in the next few days, it’s yours. Otherwise, it’s going to Craigslist.
- HP Laserjet 4000N
- Built-in network card
- 19” deep, 15.5” wide, 13.5” high (if you’re tight on space, please measure first — it’s big)
- The exterior is dusty and scuffed, and there’s blue-marker writing on the right side labeling its hostname from whoever had it last.
I got it for free from Craigslist last year, and I have no idea where it came from before that. (“We just moved in and the previous owners left it here.”) I put a new toner cartridge in it that should still have a few thousand pages of capacity left. Everything else seems fine, except if you try to print a very graphics-heavy page to it (e.g. a Photoshop full-page 600dpi image), in which case it tends to reject the print job. It could probably use more memory. But it’s great for printing text documents and web pages. I’m only getting rid of it because I just got a new huge color laser printer and I don’t have room for both.
If you pick it up, you may also take your pick from any or all of these other wonderful items for free:
- A DVD player that was really top-of-the-line when I bought it in 2001
- A box fan (the infamous K-Mart Fan)
- A 2-slot toaster
- A Gevalia drip coffee maker with a non-functional LCD (so you can’t use the timer, but it still brews coffee)
- A 4-port component-video/audio switch (yes, component, not composite)
Contact me if you’re interested!