I have a long flight tonight and wouldn’t mind getting some new games.
The kind of stuff I like and some of what I already have:
- Puzzle games (Rush Hour clones, and that subway-octagon one)
- Word games (Wurdle, Lexic)
- Modern or futuristic tower defense games (Fieldrunners, geoDefense)
- Turn-based strategy/board (Strategery, Lux, Othello)
- Artillery (iShoot, Slingshot)
- Light action (Flight Control, Galcon)
What I don’t like:
- Most big-name games that tend to overwhelm with long intros, complex mechanics, and battery-draining engines, such as most 3D games.
- Anything relying on precise tilting for primary control. Don’t these designers ever ride in moving vehicles?
- Action/platform games where you’re something rolling around. (Rolando, Dizzy Bee)
What’s good and relatively new, even if it’s not on the Top lists?
Already tried: Eliss, Zen Bound, Frenzic, StickWars. Also, please don’t overwhelmingly all suggest the same handful of games — I’m looking at EVERY suggestion anyway, so the more, the better!
Edge has been suggested a few times, but it has disappeared from the App Store. Maybe Mobigame didn’t renew their ADC membership.
BOUGHT SO FAR TODAY: Pocket Tanks, Drop7, Trism, Archibald’s Adventures, Flood-It!, Fruit Juice Tycoon, Jabeh, Slay, LightBike, reMovem, Touch Physics, Primrose, UniWar