Thanks to OmniGraffle for sponsoring the Marco.org RSS feed this week:
Creating in OmniGraffle: a five-step introduction attempt in less than 140 words.
Desired outcome: a new mockup of WebsiteThing.
- Start it up. Download OmniGraffle here. Choose “Blank” from the template window.
- Frame it. Stencils→Software→Konigi Wireframes. Designing for an iPhone? Drag out the iPhone browser. Lock object in place with ⌘+L.
- Build it. Check out what else the Konigi stencil offers: position placeholders, buttons, and forms on your canvas. Turn on Snap to Grid (Arrange→Grid→Snap to Grid) for quick alignment.
- Fine-tune it. Replace Konigi elements with real copy or graphics if ready. Add labels for the benefit of others.
- Share it. Email, show off to colleagues via AirPlay, and more.
It’s all possible on the iPad, too. If you’d like, explore a bit more.