Your mobile app loses more users on the first day than any other. Stop that. Serve up content your new users care about.
You likely already support deep links via custom URL schemes in iOS, but this only works for users who’ve already installed your app. Wouldn’t it be nice to deep-link new users to a specific spot inside your app as well?
For the first time on iOS you can do that with Tapstream’s Deferred Deep Links. They play nicely with regular deep links for users who already have the app. However, if the app is not yet installed Tapstream will hold onto the deep link. Once the install completes and the app runs for the first time Tapstream will pass back the saved deep link.
The possibilities of having “landing pages” inside your app are limitless:
- Increase the engagement of new users by modifying their first run experience based on how they found you
- Automatically follow friends of the new user, depending on who referred them to your app
- Create marketing promos and award users free additional content based on where they came from
- Link new users to the right content inside the app based on which web page they were reading last
- Improve the virality of your app and award active sharers for every new user they bring on
Deferred Deep Links increase engagement and customer lifetime value — we’d love to hear how you put them to use.
Get started with Deferred Deep Links today, they’re 100% free.
Thanks to Tapstream for sponsoring Marco.org this week.